ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) is the global body for professional accountants. It aims to offer business-relevant, first-choice qualifications to people of application, ability and ambition around the world who seek a rewarding career in accountancy, finance and management.
Founded in 1904, ACCA has consistently held unique core values: opportunity, diversity, innovation, integrity and accountability. ACCA believes that accountants bring value to economies in all stages of development. It aims to develop capacity in the profession and encourage the adoption of global standards. ACCA’s values are aligned to the needs of employers in all sectors and ensures that, through it’s qualifications, it prepare accountants for business. ACCA seek to open up the profession to people of all backgrounds and remove artificial barriers, innovating its qualifications and delivery to meet the diverse needs of trainee professionals and their employers.
Why study ACCA?
The ACCA Qualification is designed to provide accounting knowledge, skills and professional values which will deliver financial professionals who are capable of building successful careers across all sectors and making a valuable contribution to your organization, whether you are in the public or private sectors or in practice.
There are many accountancy bodies that offer accountancy qualifications around the world. Here is a summary of why you should choose ACCA:
- Unrivalled global network
- ACCA is the global body for professional accountants with over 188,000 members and 480,000 students in 181 countries.
- ACCA qualifications are based on international accounting standards making them globally relevant.
- ACCA’s qualifications are benchmarked against education levels around the world. So by choosing ACCA, you choose qualifications that have been independently quality checked.
- Respected by employers
- Over one hundred years of proven reputation for quality and excellence.
- More than 7,110 approved employers globally
- Qualifications developed with employers giving you the skills and knowledge to be work ready
- Opportunity to specialize
ACCA offers you more flexibility than other accountancy qualifications thanks to our unique option papers. This gives you a really broad, yet thorough set of skills as well as an opportunity to specialize in whichever area you wish, from audit to management accounting. You don’t have to choose your specialism until later in your studies, giving you time to decide where your interests lie.