IMAS is a professional accountancy institution, specialising in Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) and Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) qualifications. It was established in 2013 to broaden access to high-quality professional accountancy education to aspiring Chartered Management Accountants. The National Skills Fund identified accountants and finance managers among the skills that are in shortage in South Africa. IMAS decided to add the highly regarded ACCA qualification to its offering to assist in closing the gap identified by the National Skills Fund. IMAS intends to play a meaningful role in supporting the country to realise its aspiration as encapsulated in the National Development Plan (NDP) of training and developing highly skilled graduates.
IMAS is committed to a high standard of lecturing and student support to assist its students to realise their dreams of becoming professional accountants. Through offering globally recognized qualifications, IMAS aims to develop strategic thinkers and business leaders that will have an enormous impact on corporates and communities.
IMAS is accredited by the Finance and Accounting Services Seta, a SETA responsible for the accounting sector in South Africa (FASSET Accreditation Number: A585000052). Our Johannesburg and Sandton Campuses are classified as CIMA Advanced Global Learning Partners, with the rest of our campuses at Global Learning Partner Level. ACCA has assigned a Silver Learning Partner status at our Johannesburg and Swaziland campuses.
Vision and Mission
IMAS aspires to be a leading ACCOUNTANCY learning institution in South Africa by 2019.
In pursuit of our visionary goal of being the leading provider of CIMA and ACCA tuition support in South Africa, our mission is to increase access to high-quality education to aspiring business leaders and entrepreneurs. This will be achieved by aiming at the following:
- Leveraging on the strong CIMA and ACCA brands that are globally recognized.
- Maintaining the CIMA and ACCA Learning Guidelines to ensure high-quality class delivery.
- Recruiting highly talented academics with practical experience to deliver quality education and inspire our students.
- Provide a quality education, tuition support, and facilities conducive to academic excellence.
- Attract highly talented, focused and committed students.
- Produce highly influential graduates for the business society.
- Increase our footprint across the country.
- Partner with the private sector to organize internships for our graduates.