CIMA MEMBERS understand how organisations should be led, helping to build profitable and sustainable businesses.
- The CIMA qualification is distinguished by its relevance to business and its focus on developing financial, non-financial and business management skills with leading-edge techniques.
- The CIMA qualification is designed to develop the real world application of skills required by organisations, giving Chartered Management Accountants far more relevant competencies for the ever-changing business world.
- CIMA’s emphasis is on developing professionals who know how to analyse and provide recommendations on a range of critical business issues, thereby becoming valuable business partners.
- They have an in-depth understanding of the businesses in which they operate so they adapt quickly to the changing needs of their organisation.
We have three intakes per annum
4 February to 31 August 2019 (All Campuses)
29 June to 30 November 2019
30 September 2019 to 28 February 2020
Choose your campus:
- Firstly, CIMA is a global professional qualification registered with SAQA (20400) and FASSET in South Africa and also registered in the UK.
- CIMA is the largest body of management accountants in the world with over 227,000 members and students in 179 countries.
Upon completing your CIMA studies and obtaining the relevant experience, you will end up being a Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA).
The CIMA qualification is structured into two:
CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting
- If you only have matric or Grade 12, you will start from this level.
- You will do the following subjects:
- Fundamentals of Management Accounting
- Fundamentals of Financial Accounting
- Fundamentals of Business Economics
- Fundamentals of Ethics, Corporate Governance and Business Law
- You can do the Certificate either in one or two semesters, where you take three subjects in one semester and two in another.
- Upon completing this level, you will be awarded the CIMA Certificate in Business Accounting – NQF 5 and move to the CIMA Professional Qualification
CIMA Professional Qualification
- This level is split into three:
- Operational Level – you will do three subjects, refer to attached for the list of subjects.
- Management Level – you will do three subjects, refer to attached for the list of subjects.
- Strategic Level – you will do three subjects, refer to attached for the list of subjects.
- Board Exam (previously known as T4) from 2015 has been replaced by the Strategic Level Integrated Case Study
- It will take you a semester to complete each level if you doing it either full-time or part-time.
- When you complete each level, you will be awarded a certification which is not the case when you study towards a Diploma/Degree somewhere else. You need to complete three years before you get a qualification. With CIMA it works different. See attached what you will be awarded for after completing each stage/level.
- Full-time – classes are offered during the day (Monday to Friday)
- Part-time – evening classes or weekend classes
- Home study Programme – we provide you with all study material and assist you with consulting hours on a weekly basis.
- Fill in our application form and return it to us asap.
- Registration for the 1st block/semester is now open until the 26th of January. However, for the 2nd block and 3rd block, registration is open throughout the year.
- If you want to study part-time and hold any tertiary qualification, you will need to pay R1,740 for CIMA Registration and Application Fee so we can apply for your exemptions. We need your academic transcript/record and copies of your graduation certificate i.e. Diploma, Degree etc.
- Exemptions normally takes about 21 days before they are awarded and they are only awarded by CIMA.
- For Part-Time students, your IMAS Registration Fee will depend on the number of subjects you take.
- Fundi provides study loans to those that are interested in studying with us.