By the end of this session you should be able to:
- identify the essential elements of a valid contract and situations where the law requires the contract to be in a particular form
- explain how the law determines whether negotiating parties have reached agreement and the role of consideration in making that agreement enforceable
- explain when the parties will be regarded as intending the agreement to be legally binding and how an agreement may be avoided because of misrepresentations
- explain how the terms of a contract are established and their status determined
- explain the ability of a company to contract
and answer questions relating to these areas.