About The Unemployed Graduates Bursary Fund
Do you aspire to study towards a Globally recognized accounting qualification?
The Institute of Management Accounting and Strategy (IMAS) in partnership with the Finance and Accounting Services SETA (FASSET) are proud to offer you an opportunity to study towards a Global Professional Accountancy Qualification – ACCA or CIMA.
ACCA is a global professional accountancy qualification that aims to prepare students for any finance or accounting role in an organisation.
With ACCA, you can pursue a career in accounting, taxation, auditing or business.
The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) is the world’s largest professional body of management accountants, with the most useful accounting qualification for a career in business.
If you are considering a career in business and finance and want to develop your future with a world-class employer, the CIMA qualification is the one to have.
We are currently looking for 31 Unemployed Graduates to study towards Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) and 62 towards Chartered Management Accountant (CIMA).
The Bursary covers the following:
- Registration with the professional accounting body i.e. CIMA or ACCA
- Exemption Fees (Applicable to ACCA)
- Tuition Fee
- Examination Fees (one attempt per subject)
- Subscription Fee
- Study Material
** Transport and Accommodation is not covered.
- 60% of the chosen students will be expected to attend full-time at the IMAS Campus in Braamfontein (ACCA or CIMA) or in Durban (CIMA Only).
- The remaining 40% of graduates will be chosen from the Western Cape and Eastern Cape to attend part-time classes on weekends in Cape Town, Port Elizabeth and East London on Saturdays.
Who qualifies for the bursary?
– Black South African students, or
– Black and Coloureds students only in the Western Cape
– Currently Unemployed
– Completed a National Diploma or bachelor’s degree (BCom) in 2018 or 2019 at a recognizable tertiary institution in South Africa.
Apply for the Bursary
Bursary Application Closes On The 30th January And Classes Begins On The 10th Of February